Affordable Chimney Sweepers Based Near Hampton
We are professional sweepers offering professional and affordable sweep services to both domestic and commercial customers. We operate in most areas of West London including Hampton and are renowned for our friendly, cost effective and effective service. Our aim is to keep your chimney in it`s best possible condition.
Use A Chimney`s Sweep Services For Safety Purposes
If you have an active chimney House Fires can be prevented, by having a professional sweeper come and clean it for you on a regular basis. The fireplace can be a health hazard and you need the flammable material that can build up inside the chimney removed carefully by a professional chimney sweeper.
The Dangers Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Not To Be Taken Lightly
Chimney passages can become blocked and need clearing, this can be done by a professional chimney sweep. The blockages can mean that toxic gases build up when you have a fire and have problems escaping.
Carbon monoxide poisoning has been in the news quite a lot recently and one of the causes of the poisoning is blocked chimney passages. Many foreign bodies can obstruct a chimney including, soot, debris from the building, bird nests, plant material e.g. branches and leafs etc. A smoke draw test needs to be performed on all the chimneys in question to ensure proper ventilation.
Some of our services:
- Chimney Sweeping - all your chimneys/flues swept and cleaned.
- Chimney Capping - no longer using your chimney? Then have it capped to stop heat loss.
- Certifications - we can give you a certificate to prove you have had your chimney professionally cleaned.
- Pots and Cowls Fitted - essential to make your appliance and flues work properly.
- Weddings Attended for Good Luck - great old tradition of bring a sweep to your wedding for good luck.
- Safety Inspections - inspecting your fireplace and chimney for any issues affecting safety of the home.
- Smoke Testing - we can test your chimney for chimney for smoke ventilation.
- Fireplace Sizing - make sure your fireplace and chimney are right size for each other.
For more information on what services we can supply you and your fireplace, then please don't hesitate to contact us on 07706 832 388 or email us here
Cleaning your chimney on a regular basis depends on what you fuel burn, this list will give you an idea:
- Coal (every 6 months)
- Smokeless Coal (every year)
- Wood Burning (4 times a year)
- Oil (once a year)
- Gas (yearly)
It is wise when using chimney sweeps to keep a record of what they have done and when. Insurance companies are more likely to process your claim if there is a fire on the property caused by the chimney and you have taken adequate measures to make sure your chimney was as safe to use as possible.
Chimney Sweeping History In London
Around the 1200`s the fireplace changed from being in the centre of the home, to the inside wall, as it is today. Chimneys started off large and were for only heating one room and then over the next few hundred years things changed and chimneys were placed in all of the living and sleeping rooms of the home.
Building regulations were put after the Great Fire Of London and chimneys became more narrow and this was when the use of chimney boys came into play, as the Master Sweep would be too big to go up one to clean them. This practice thankfully was eventually abolished in 1875 and boys have never been used ever since.
If you would like more information on what we can do for you, then please don't hesitate to contact us on 07706 832 388.